As a busy mama of two boys, most days I ditch the idea of makeup all together and just dawn oversize sunnies to hide my shame (eye bags as big as my diaper bag). But there are some days that I stubbornly decide to fix my face with literally 5 minutes to spare before someone is shouting “mummy mummy” for the thousandth time! Over time I’ve curated products that give maximal impact with very little effort. If you are like me, running out of your house with coffee in hand If you are like me, this post is for you.
1. FACE – Bareminerals powder in golden tan with concealer in summer bisque. When im REALLY in a hurry, i will use a tinted moisturizer instead from Thebalm in colors medium or medium/dark in the summer months.
2. EYEBROWS – Benefitcosmetics gimme brow volumizing eyebrow gel in color #5
3. EYES – Maccosmetics eyeshadow in color saddle and eye kohl in color teddy.
4. EYELASHES – Toofaced better than sex mascara
5. CHEEKS – Benefitcosmetics bene-tint rose cheek stain + original hoola bronzer + NarsCosmetics Highlighting Powder in colors Ibiza + Fort de France. An alternative for my blush is Thebalm frat boy blush
6. LIPS – Maccosmetics ruby woo 💄with chestnut lip liner . For a nude look, I go with Jubilee with is a peach nude that pops with the liner.
7. SETTING SPRAY – Urbandecaycosmetics de-slick Oil-Control Makeup Setting Spray or Maccosmetics original PREP + PRIME FIX+
For the days that I’m feeling adventurous with an additional 5 minutes in my arsenal, I’ll use my go-to @urbandecay eyeshadow primer potion with @thebalm NUDE ‘tude Eyeshadow Palette, or @urbandecay Naked eyeshadow palette to create a smokey golden brown eye.
I know it sounds like a lot but I promise it’s really not! These items are always in my makeup bag. I pour everything out of the bag and go to work. What are your go to makeup essentials?