For a long time, I hadn’t considered how my fashion consumption could hurt the world that my future grand kids live in. Unless you live under a rock, then you know that our planet is in desperate need of protecting. Not too many people consider their shopping habits as potentially harmful to the environment. Until recently, I was one of these people.
Let’s just say I’m “woke” now 😁. Which is why I’m making a conscious effort to find new ways to wear my old clothing from season to season. For me, this involves investing in quality pieces that stand the test of time and can be worn in different ways.
Now, typically, Asos is synonymous with fast fashion but I do occasionally find pieces that are well made. Case in point: This dress which I’ve styled in 3 different ways to give you an idea of how you can do this too.
Here are a few ways that you can switch up your outfits;
- Wear your dress back to front if you can . This gives you a different look
- Throw on a belt and instantly change the look of the outfit and the accessories you can pair it with
- Consider layering with a skirt underneath to add some color and volume to the dress
- Pair the dress with a structured jacket. Depending on the jacket you choose, you can take this look from work to hanging out with your friends
- And if you are particularly adventurous, consider wearing a skirt over the dress. I e wear the dress as a top. Note; you would need a skirt that has a longer hemline
- Throw on an oversize sweater. Ie. Wear your dress as a skirt.
I’m on a quest to have more sustainable fashion habits for 2020. Especially now that we are stuck at home. If this Covid19 pandemic had taught us anything, it’s how we collectively have the power to make a change in our environment. So I hope you will join me too in finding new ways to reimagine your current wardrobe. Go forth and be great! Oh and don’t forget to comment below if you are interested in an accountability partner 😉.