I had posted a picture of these pancakes that the hubs made for me a few weeks ago. And I got a few questions about how to make them. So I got my husband to spill the beans. Its super easy and ready in about 20 minutes.
1 ripe plantain
1/4 cup oatmeal
1 tablespoon sugar
1 1/4 cup milk
1 1/2 cup all purpose flour
3 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon salt
2 tablespoons of melted butter
olive oil to fry
- In a large bowl mix together your flour, sugar, salt, oatmeal and baking powder
- In a another bowl take a pealed plantain and mash it into a puree consistensy.
- In your first bowl, make a well in the center and pour in milk and crack your eggs.
- Add the butter ( must be melted)
- Mix well and add the plantain.
- Heat a lightly oiled frying pan over medium high heat.
- Scoop the batter onto the frying pan (about 1/4 cup for each pancake). Brown the pancake on both sides and serve hot.